Tuesday 24 April 2007

Students from Finland

We have on practice work few students from Finland in our department at Iskra Avtoelektrika. As you know I work in electronic unit. We have three of them. They come from Helsinki. I don't know their names because they are difficult to say and also to remember. They attend 3rd class of secondary school at Helsinki and they are 18 or 19 years old. They become finomechanics (like mechatronics in Slovenia) and they are exhibitioners of Nokia.
One of them works with me at control workplace. He is very precise and I like this. At this kind of work where you test electronics for car industry, you must be very precise. You must check everything. In one of my posts I described platform lift. This controller must be tested in different ways on different positions and we must also test it with simulator. Human who use this lift must be SAFE!!!
My current "teammate" also ask me questions. A lot of them. This is also good practice for me, because I must tell him everything he ask me. In English of course. It is nice talking with him. He know a lot of things about electronic and computers. I really enjoy when we work together.
They work with us last three weeks. This Thursday they will return to Finland. After two months will become another group of students also from Finland.
Then I will write another post about them...

2 comments:

Saša said...

I understand completely. Such exchanges are extremely enriching experiences. We are lucky to be able to enjoy them. How do the Finns feel in our country? Have they been enjoying their stay here? I sometimes hear foreign people complain about how reserved we Slovenes are... What do you think? Kay, our American language assistant, was in Istanbul for the weekend. She said she was asked more questions there than she has been in a year and a half living in Slovenia…

Anonymous said...

He told me that their teachers are also here. They are not alone here. Every evening they went to pub in Šempeter. They love our country. Slovenes are not reserved. We have a fear to talk in English with other people. I also had a fear to talk. But now I must talk if he ask me something.